Cold early mornings are here. What better way to start these days than with coffee? B, I'm going to start making your spiced coffee now! I really like Melitta coffee, rather than french press, it's not as bitter. I'm using lighthouse beans but used the stumptown how to guide to get all the right measurements. Here's a quick run down of how to brew melitta coffee:
1. Grind beans to medium-fine (stump town says use a burr not a blade, well I only have a blade so that's going to have to work)
2. Put the filter in the cone and the cone over a waste cup and rinse the filter - this is so your coffee doesn't taste like paper.
3. Add coffee (23 grams for every 8oz of coffee)
OUR ADDITION: Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg for yummy fall flavor, stir into grounds.
4. Bring water to boil, 12 oz of water for every 8 oz of coffee. Pour just enough to get the grounds wet, let sit for 15 seconds, then pour in the rest, slowly.
5. When final pour has settled, pull your mug and enjoy your coffee!
I remember we used to make coffee like this in France most of the time. Odd that we couldn't find a french press in France, I'm sure there's a story there somewhere. Thanks again for spiced coffee, I look forward to morning cups and sunrises and such.