Ginger Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup duck lard, shortening or coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup corn starch, potato starch or tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- a handful or two of chocolate chips
- a handful or two of chopped candied ginger
- a generous amount of salt (teaspoonish...its the best part, the salty sweetness...you could even sprinkle a bit of kosher salt on the top of each cookie!)
Cream together the fat and sugar. Add eggs. Then gradually add the rest of the ingredients. Bake in 350 degree oven for eight to ten minutes.
Make sure to have some coffee ready! cause you will want to eat these as soon as they're out of the oven!